- Mall Directory
- Plan Your Visit
- Guest Services
- Gift Cards
Devonshire Mall Security
The role of Devonshire Mall Security is to ensure that every visitor to the Shopping Centre has a safe and enjoyable shopping experience. The Security Department is responsible for all aspects of safety and security on the property. By patrolling and monitoring all areas of the shopping centre, Devonshire Mall Security strives to ensure that all visitors abide by the property's posted conduct policy.
Members of our Security Department are provided with training on life safety practices and full First Aid and CPR protocols. The property has three automated external defibrillator devices (A.E.D.’s) on site. Devonshire Mall Security staff receive annual training on this potentially lifesaving device and its operation.
Vehicle patrols of the exterior areas of the shopping centre are conducted year-round by a clearly marked security vehicle. This vehicle is equipped with a highly visible light bar, a full medical trauma kit, oxygen tank, and other safety and emergency response supplies.
The Security Office is located between Call It Spring and Ardene’s in the centre of the mall. The Security reception is manned by a Security dispatch personnel who is responsible for monitoring the shopping centre's C.C.T.V. camera system, receiving all incoming telephone calls and dispatching Security to calls for customer or tenant assistance.
To contact Devonshire Mall Security Office, please call 519-966-9336 or 519-818-0493
Service Animals & Guide Dogs Are Permitted
With the exception of service animals or guide dogs, pets are prohibited from entering the building.
Shopping Safety Tips
Ensure your vehicle is locked and all the widows are rolled up. Remove or conceal any valuables which are left unattended in your vehicle so they are out of sight and not visible.
Never leave children or pets unattended in your vehicle while you are shopping in the mall.
Always plan ahead with your child, in the event that you become separated you should have a designated meeting place.
Never leave your children unattended in the mall.
Keep your purse or wallet as well as your cell phone close to your body and never let them out of your sight.
Any applicant seeking employment with Devonshire Mall Security must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Be of good moral character with no criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
- Provide proof of educational minimum of grade 12 and a diploma from a community college in Law & Security or Police Foundations or similar educational undertaking would be an asset.
- Provide proof of a valid Ontario driver's licence and acceptable driving record.
- Must possess a valid Security License from the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
- Provide proof of current First Aid and C.P.R. certificates.
- For employment opportunities you can submit a resume in person to the Devonshire Mall Security Manager, or online at www.tricomsecurity.ca/careers .